Friday, July 6, 2007

Alive, Alive, Alive!

Today I killed another fly. This time it was a bit grotesque and brutal. The two of us had been warring for several minutes while my cheerleaders looked on from the couch. After I gave the life-ending beating to the fly, I said, "Die you dirty rotten fly, Die!" Parker looked at me and said, "That fly die like Jesus." I didn't know how to respond to that. Then he asked if in a few days that fly was going to tell his friends that he was alive...just like Jesus did. "I hope not", I said under my breath. Just then, Parker jumped up from his spot on the sofa and began to sing, "Alive, Alive, Alive forevermore, my Jesus is Alive...."

How he correlated a dead fly and Jesus' death and resurrection I'll never know. Although, this is the same kid that thinks that Noah is a pirate.

No comments: